Oh mashed potatoes, how I do love thee. Mashed potatoes definitely make the cut for my last meal and would be eaten with a carefully crafted gravy volcano.
My mom used to make these mashed potatoes called “Deluxe Mashed Potatoes” on the holidays and they were delicious, so I tried to mimic them the best that I could. This is a recipe for some cheesy mashed potato goodness. If you are on a diet, you either need to close this page now, or just say “screw it” and enjoy
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
8-10 medium potatoes
4oz. cream cheese softened
4tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp milk
6 tbsp butter
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dill
¼ tsp salt
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Peel and quarter potatoes. Cook potatoes in a large sauce pan with enough water to cover them for about 20-25 mins or untill tender. Drain liquid.
2. You can use a food processor or electric hand mixer. If using a food processor you may have to do the mixing in 2 sessions so divide ingredients as needed. Combine potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, butter, garlic powder, dill, salt and shredded cheese. Beat/pulse mixture until fluffy.
3. Put mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 30 mins covered, and 15 mins uncovered
Yup, Cheeseburger Muffins. Ok, I will admit this experiment started out with the intention to be Meatloaf Muffins, but I made several substitutions to make these healthier and as a result the texture was more burger than meatloaf….So yay for Cheeseburger Muffins! The great thing about these are that they provide you with some portion control and whatever you have left can be tossed in the freezer and reheated when needed, so make extra.
1lb extra lean ground beef
¼ cup onions – caramelized and finely diced
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp skim milk
1 large egg
3 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
12 small cubes of low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
½ tbsp cider vinegar
3 tsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Mix all ingredients except the cheese and topping in a bowl. You can use a fork, but your hands will work best.
2. Fill 12 muffin tins with the mixture. Push cubes of cheese into the centers of each muffin.
3. Place muffin tin in oven. While the muffins are baking, mix all ingredients of the topping in a small bowl, set aside.
4. Remove muffin tin after 15 mins, brush topping over each and then return to oven for another 10-15 mins.